Fed up with carrying your golf bag?
Then get yourself a 3 wheel golf trolley, we have found some of the best and Cheapest 3 wheel golf trolleys available online.
We have used the latest search engine software to search hundreds of online golf stores and we’ve come up with the best and cheapest ones we could find to save you time and money.
What’re the benefits of using a golf trolley?
If like me you get tired after carrying for the first 9 holes and then you’ve still got the back nine to go, then buying a 3 wheel golf trolley is a great idea.
I found that my game started to go downhill after carrying for 9 holes which was due to my shoulder hurting which affected my swing. I’m not the fitted golfer to ever play but I’m by no means the weakest player but I still found that carrying affected my overall performance over 18 holes.
I know you’re guna say ” Carrying makes you fitter” But does it? Or is it a strain on your shoulders and more importantly your back.
Research has different opinions on this topic. Many specialists including some from Harley street chiropractors in London say it’s MADNESS to carry your bag. Read their opinion here!
What to look for in a good 3 wheel golf trolley
Size matters! Honest, but in this case the smaller and lighter the better.
There’s no point getting a new 3 wheel golf trolley to ease the strain on your back if it’s so heavy that you can’t push it for long periods or you struggle to get it out of the car.
Thankfully, the materials that golf trolleys are made from these days are lighter and stronger. The same manufacturing techniques that pram makers have spent millions of pound developing have been used by golf manufacturers.
Easy to set up and take down has to be high up on my priority list when I’m buying a new trolley. I have recently purchased the Motocaddy S1 Lite push trolley and I love it.
It’s a perfect size and weight for me and easy to setup and put down and lift into the car.
Steering and stability is also a valid point to consider. The reason I purchased a 3 wheel trolley over the old-fashioned 2 wheel type was due to the fact that I found it hard to maneuver and pull them along. It hurt my shoulder dragging it around for 18 holes and it was even harder to steer.
The new 3 wheel golf trolleys have easy to steer wheels and the size of the wheels have been improved to make them easier to push.
More specs on the amazing Motocaddy s1 lite is available on Motocaddy website.
For those months where the weather is poor, in the UK that’s most of the time. You’ll need to attach winter wheels or so-called HEDGEHOG wheels so the course will allow you to take them onto the course when the fairways are wet. This is to prevent damage to the fairways. The spike protects the grass.
Some trolleys will need to have spikes fitted buy buying a set of universal spikes that you attach in winter and take off in summer. Some will need the whole wheels changing. Like the one, I purchased the Motocaddy S1 lite you need a different set of winter wheel which you need to purchase separately. It’s a bit more expensive as you need to purchase the trolley & then winter wheels but it makes life so much easier.
Simply click the toggle on the side of the wheel to remove the summer wheels and replace with your winter wheels. It is literally a 2-minute job. With universal winter wheels, you have some clips to remove and it’s a bit more tricky.
I even have to screw some winter wheels onto my old 2 wheel pull along trolley once. Total nightmare!
What’s the best 3 wheel golf trolley available?
We have put together a list of some of the cheapest and best golf trolleys we could find online. We searched stores like American Golf, Clickgolf, Online golf, Amazon and Ebay to bring you the best.
In no particular order here are the TOP 10 3 WHEEL GOLF TROLLEYS we found for you.
- Handbuilt in Great Britain
- 15 Colour Options
- Patented Design
- NEW 2017 MODEL
- MASTERS iCART GO LIGHTWEIGHT TROLLEY
- OFFICIAL STOCKIST
- Easy lift brake lever, Extra deep console Mesh pocket for extra storage, Push button release for front wheel lock 4 x Tabs on console for easy mounting of accessories, Includes drinks holder and umbrella holder Aircraft grade aluminium lightweight frame, Wheels with posi-lock brakes Super compact folding design, High quality construction making the Cart extremely durable
- One action folding / unfolding, Lightweight, only 6.7kg
- Umbrella holder & drinks holder, 3 x accessory mount tabs
- Cup holder plus, Adjustable wheel alignment
- Rear foot brake
- 112 x 98 x 72cm (Unfolded), 74 x 41 x 33cm (Folded))
- On touch fold design Lightweight aluminium frame
- Wheels with posi-lock brakes 60 x 38 x 33 cm (folded)
- Hand brake 2 x Accessory tabs
- Compact folding system Soft grip handle Umbrella holder
- Stylish multi-feature console Built-in accessory storage
- The Fairway Hoppa consist of a pair of plastic studded wheel sleeves in 10"
- Make your trolley 40% easier to pull - all year round
- Keeps your greenkeeper happy
- Reduces damage to your golf course. With durable rubber spikes. Avoid Winter Trolley Bans